Friday, July 4, 2014

Cholula, Puebla: MEXICO, I have returned.

After spending a good two weeks in Mexico City I finally left to continue my Central American journey. I believe I could have spent even more time in D.F. But it was time to go. We journeyed two hours south to Puebla. We visited Cholula, a place that I had been to before in my younger years. We saw some more ruins and ate mole poblano-a dish made with a sauce that is made from chocolate. Very good!
Mural of the drinkers.
Inside the pyramid.
I see the light!
Ruins of pyramids, and on top a church. There are 365 churches in Cholula-Does that mean there are many sinners?
The pyramids in Cholula claim to be the biggest in the world.
Sacrificial monument.
The T desighn is unique to the pyramids of Cholula.
Let's climb!
View from the top, look at all the churches.
On the stairs.
People playing conk shells and flutes, getting in touch with their prehispanic traditions.
Los voladores. A prehispanic traditional dance.
Cholula.
Cholula.
















No comments:

Post a Comment