Friday, March 7, 2014

La Ciudad Perdida, Santa Marta: COLOMBIA

After my trials in Colombia with the whole getting robbed, I figured the best thing to do would be to go find a lost city. I arrived in Santa Marta and immediatley signed up for the Lost City trek. Five days and four nights in the jungles of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It was great. I walked, ate, slept in hammoks, got in touch with nature and then forgot about how badly I felt about....ohh, nevermind I forget. Anyway, I even saw a Shaman.
Day 1 we stopped for fruit!
Rodrigo, our guide explaining the rout.
He brought his daughter, Luna, one of six girls, busy guy!
Natural pool, heck yeah nature.
Tallest tree in Sierra.
Just beautiful.
Nice touch of color amongst the green.
Hammoks!
Buenos días mula!
Bridge to camp 1
Graveyard along our walk, spooky.
Ahhhh, breath of relief.... Sierra Nevada.
My new friends.
Indigenous houses used especially for meetings of the Kogi people.
Girls wear necklaces and boys have bags in order to distinguish them.
Ginja jane!!
They always asked for dulces.
Little snake.
Dinner and stories by candle light.
Many rivers.
Get it gurl. In the sierra nevada.
Before we start our ascent up to find the lost city. More stairs, you ask.... Of course there are. 
Stairs in a lost city.
Dude sucking a lollipop with a machete, my colombian dream.
Is anyone home?
Lost city: found.
On top of a lost city, a group of people found.


































No comments:

Post a Comment