Friday, February 28, 2014

Barranquilla y Cartagena part 2: COLOMBIA


I took a bus to a little city known as Barranquilla from Medellín . I was excited to go to the birthplace of Shakira, one of my favorite singers. Also, i experienced pre carnaval events; parades, costumes, aguardiente, the occasional gun shot and scare. It was fun, colorful and lively. Then, i took a detour on my way to santa Marta to go to Cartagena again. Unfortunately, that detour led to the theft of my lap top😒. I filed my first police report, cried, acussed a sketchy guy and ended up without laptop. Lesson learned: always, always, always lock your Stuff!!!!!!

For starters, when you see this guy you know the party will be good!
This little boy is not yet ready to shake his booth. This girl was born ready to shake her booty.
Gloria Estefon;" come on shake your body let me see you do the conga"
Excellent meat on sticks! (Notice tall guapo, very nice swedish man. Huge fan of the swedes now and their health care sustento (-;))
A man-woman giving birth to a 5 year old, it was quite the site.
Fían people spray, sometimes got out of hand.
Cutest kid of carnaval!
"Honey, you have something on your face."
"Has anyone seen my baby??"
Life can be tough, but when you wear a high ponytail it's alllll gooood! #highpony



















No comments:

Post a Comment