Tuesday, December 17, 2013

LOS GALAPAGOS: ECUADOR....que lindo!

For my birthday I decided to buy a cruise ticket for myself to the Galapagos. It left the day after I bought it, on my exact day of birth. It went from Dec. 11-16th. First I was picked up very early in the morning, then we were taken to the airport to go from Quito to Guayaquil. Then from guayaquil to Baltras Island in the Galapagos. Then we were taken in a panga to the cruise ship and we were immediately greeted by hot towels and snacks. Between seeing sea lions, marine iguanas, beautiful birds and eating tons of food it was all amazing. Although the cruise is intended for the older, more well-financed people, a couple of us youngin's found our way on board. They even made me a birthday cake!!

This lady thought that I was too poor to afford the cruise and literally almost stopped me and my friend from boarding the bus. 



A panga driver!

Santa Cruise Yacht!!


Me in my PRIVATE Room...lap of luxury

The Islands and our route

My new friends, Haieke and Amelie

More new friends, Italy, Panama, Cristina, Lauren and Greg (Americans)


Our guide, Henry

A bird, pretty sure it's a friggit


More birds

Land Iguana


Sea Lions


Seal with a shark bite

cutest little baby seal


Could be a friggit






Friggits, they have a red balloon thing that the males expand during mating season.



Friggits




In nature, only the strong survive



A cave

Edison

Dolphins about to snorkel


Marine Iguanas


Blue footed boobies





More boobies

Interesting Rock formations

Sea lion

Sea Turtle

A bird that grew too big so his wings of his entire species are useless.


Snorkeling (im on the left)



Marine Iguanas



Crab



A marine iguana, a little bloody after a fight.


I got pretty close to those iguanas


And to the sea lions.













The Dolphins


The Galapagos Hawk (he has no enemies)


Darwin's Lake




Land Tortoise




Baby tortoises





On Santa Cruz Island



Making Sugar Cane Juice



Coffee

Sugar Cane Liquor





Shelly in a shell

Tortisoises mating



Traditional Ecuadorian music and dance


Me sending a post card using one of the first mailing systems in South America. 

Jumping off the boat, this is how i bruised my tail bone....ouch

CUUUUTE
















Beautiful moon, last night on the boat in the islands....Adios Galapagos

1 comment:

  1. very nice pics...congratulations Michelle...You are an amazing women...be carefull!

    Nice to meet you!

    Daniel Yépez Brito
    My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.yepezbrito
    see you

    ReplyDelete