Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Medellin, Santa Rosa de Cabal y Salento: COLOMBIA

I have been in San Gil, Santander, COLOMBIA for about a month now. I have been volunteering, working and trying to do as many activities as possible. The Holy Week just came and went, so I decided to do some traveling while the students has the week off. First stop was Medellin, and I realized that I love that city. Next, to la zona cafetera where I wanted to get in some serious hiking. Then Santa Rosa de Cabal where I could enjoy some Hot Springs and mud baths. It was a lovely week and very enjoyable to travel with only one, small back-pack rather than the giant one plus my normal sized one. Also, I will most likely travel back to Salento when there aren´t torrential down pours for days.
Plaza Botero, Medellín. I look like I am about to pull an exorcist neck twist.

Sculptures by Botero. The one to the left was blown up and ruined during a protest gone wrong, the Paisas choose to keep it there as a reminder. 

La Palma de cera, Valle de Cocora-Salento. 

La Palma de Cera is Colombia´s national tree.


Entrance to Valle de Cocora and Parque Los Nevados. 

Lodo, or MUD! Termales de San Vincente in Santa Rosa de Cabal.

Terapia de lodo. Mud Bath-

Santa Rosa is also known for their chorizos, These are some chorizos, y si, me gustan chorizos. 


El Chorro Don Lolo, very strong waterfall in Santa Rosa!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! So.... how's next December for me flying back down there?

    ReplyDelete